Here are some thoughts about this first week back at Yahoo! and whatever else pops into my head during the next 10 minutes or so.
- I'm at home, the sun's in my eyes and outside there's that weird howling sound the wind makes when blowing through the tops of tall trees sometimes.
- It's been cool seeing people again. I miss the Wink folks, but I'm going in next week to do some work and to clear out some stuff. I hope they don't hate me.
- A Yahoo! Hack Day was today. I was disappointed by the winner. I'm going to need to sort that out. It's not just about what won, it's more than that. It's about what was considered to be innovative and a good "hack" by the judges. I'm not sure how this reflects upon the organization. I believe, we should expect more. Nothing against the winner so much. I'm sure they worked hard on it. But to me, it wasn't very interesting or innovative, among other things. It was just more noise.
- Please don't think that I'm some Brickhouse dick... though I do know what I'm talking about, I have the best interest of the company and fostering innovation in mind.
- Yahoo! needs to simplify
- The other day I saw a list of new features and ideas that a Y! property was going to begin to implement... I wanted to know where the list of things to delete was. Everyone should have that list.
- The sun is really bright, but this chair is really comfortable.
- Ah my family has just come home... with Thurston and burritos. Let the weekend begin!